Nominations for 2017
To nominate a quality or innovative initiative, visit our website in early summer 2017 for nomination details.
2016 Competition Now Closed
Thank you to all applicants for the 2016 Quality and Innovation Awards. Successful applicants were announced following our eleventh annual celebration event on November 16, 2016.
The Awards ceremony was hosted by the Cancer Quality Council of Ontario (CQCO) in partnership with Cancer Care Ontario (CCO), and co-sponsored by the Canadian Cancer Society-Ontario Division.
All submitted applications were evaluated by a Review Panel based on the following criteria checklists:
Quality and Innovation Awards will be presented to the initiative(s) that best demonstrate these characteristics:
|Addresses quality dimensions (see Quality Framework below)||Originality and boldness|
|Evidence of impact on processes||Impact on processes|
|Evidence of impact on stakeholders||Impact on stakeholders|
|Meaningfulness to patients/families||Meaningfulness to patients/families|
|Evidence of value for money||Impact on value for money|
|Evidence of sustainability ||Potential sustainability|
We use a framework adapted from the Institute of Medicine that defines quality in health care as care that:
- Increases patient and provider safety
- Improves cancer services to be effective and increases use of evidence in decision making
- Improves access and timeliness for Ontarians
- Improves care that is responsive to patient needs
- Increases equity and addresses equity imbalances
- Improves integration and/or continuity of care
- Greater efficiency in the use of resources while maintaining a high quality of care for patients
For more information about the Quality and Innovation Awards, send an email to email@example.com.